As the world wakes up to the health, climate, and societal impacts of our unsustainable economic system, prominent leaders in business, government, and sustainability are starting to embrace a new concept: the circular economy. The circular economy is an economic system that is restorative, regenerative, and resilient by design. It focuses on shifting from extractive to renewable resource use, repurposing waste and cutting pollution, restoring natural systems, and keeping materials in use.
At the end of the month, the World Circular Economy Forum (WCEF) will bring together business leaders, policymakers, and sustainability experts to present the world’s best solutions for the circular economy as part of WCEFonline.
Join Resonance this coming Wednesday, September 30, from 8am-9:15am EDT for a special session of WCEFonline, dedicated to “Partnering through change: new momentum in the emerging circular economy.” In this session, Resonance founder Steve Schmida will moderate two panels – with leading voices from business, government, and global development – to discuss how cross-sector partnerships can be deployed for more resilient value chains and a truly sustainable global economy.
This session is led by the Platform for Accelerating the Circular Economy (PACE), a global community of leaders working to accelerate the transition to a circular economy. Resonance is a strategic partner to the PACE secretariat, and Steve Schmida is a member of the leadership group.
We hope you will join us!
Keynote Speaker: Ricardo Lozano, Minister of Environment and Sustainable Development, Colombia
Panel 1: Partnerships Today, exploring successful partnerships for a circular economy.
- Steve Schmida, Author of Partner with Purpose and Founder, Resonance (Moderator)
- Dimitri de Vreeze, Co-Chief Executive Officer, DSM
- Bonnie Glick, Deputy Administrator, US Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Per Heggenes, Chief Executive Officer, IKEA Foundation
Panel 2: Partnerships for Systems Change, exploring how cross-sector partnerships can be deployed to effect transformational system change.
- Steve Schmida (Moderator)
- Naoko Iskhii, Director, Center for Global Commons, University of Tokyo
- David McGinty, Global Director, PACE
- Date and time: Wednesday 30th September, 8:00am EDT /14.00 CET (Netherlands)/15.00 UTC+3 (Finland)
- Registration link: https://www.lyyti.fi/reg/WCEFonline
- Session link: https://www.sitra.fi/en/articles/partnering-through-change-new-momentum-in-the-emerging-circular-economy/
- Full program link: https://www.sitra.fi/en/projects/wcefonline/
- Event hashtag: #WCEFonline