About this webinar
In this episode, we hear from leading sustainable agriculture practitioners on how they engage and partner with farmers to design and implement effective transitions to regenerative production in the first mile of supply chains. We will discuss the importance of the human factor in regenerative agriculture, highlight the role of a supportive enabling environment, and discuss best practices and lessons learned on methods and approaches from the pioneering efforts of the panelists.
- Vita Jarolimkova leads Mars Food sustainable sourcing strategy for raw materials, ensuring that where and how they are sourced delivers positive change for people and the planet. She advocates for sustainable transformation of the rice sector as a member of the SRP board and FERM sustainability working group. She is eager to leverage her entrepreneurial spirit in driving rice sustainability.
- Noël Bastiaan has extensive experience in agribusiness management, retail systems, project management and primary agriculture. He started his career in the agricultural sector when he was appointed by Kaap Agri in 2005 as an operational manager. In 2014 Noël was also appointed by the Minister of Water and Sanitation to serve on the Overberg Water Board. Noël is the founding member of ForFarmers Group (Pty) Ltd.
- Lood Visser has had a passion for agriculture from a young age, being involved in a family farming enterprise, farming Beef Cattle on the Highveld of South Africa. After obtaining his B.Sc. (Agric) from the University of Pretoria, Lood has continued to work in the agricultural sector in South Africa. In 2020 Lood got involved with the For Farmers Group as a technical advisor and currently oversees the production of their winter cereals on approximately 2,300 hectares in the Western Cape Province of South Africa.
- Anna Müller (PhD) leads the research area on Inclusive Design and User Research within the Alliance of Bioversity and CIAT. She has applied user-centered and inclusive design methods e.g. to design a food security monitoring system or digital extension services for climate risk management.
In this session, we will:
- Unpack farmer-centric approaches to regenerative agriculture
- Share the farmer and implementer perspectives on partnering to transition to regenerative agriculture
- Highlight the importance of a supportive enabling environment
- Discuss the methods and approaches leading companies take to partner with farmers